Book Keeper – Job Description
Livingstone Tanzania Trust is a kitchen table charity seeking to grow. To assist with this growth we are seeking a long term volunteer to assist us with our book keeping. The role will require on average, one week’s work each month and will encompass two entities – The Livingstone Tanzania Trust (LTT) which is a UK registered charity and the Manyara Community Development Organisation (MCDO), who are our delivery partners based in Tanzania.
We have recently migrated from excel to a cloud based Paxton Accounting System, which is mostly intuitive to use, however training can be provided. Due to the cloud based nature the work can be undertaken from home.
While the position is a voluntary one, we are able to provide £100 each month as a small retainer.
The main responsibilities for LTT will include:
- The creation of monthly accounting records for all cash transactions. This will require the completion of various input forms to capture the different types of accounting transactions of the charity. All transactions will be allocated to either the General Fund or specific project related Funds
- The input of all monthly transactions and any appropriate journal entries into Paxton
- Monthly reconciliation of the bank balances to the corresponding balances within Paxton.
- The production of monthly reports as specified by management, as well as identification and analysis of all material variances (thresholds to be established by Management), as requested by Management.
- The submission of the annual ‘Gift Aid’ reclaim forms.
- Maintenance of donor details within Paxton
- The input of all annual budget data to Paxton and quarterly updates to the budgets as requested by Management.
The main responsibilities for MCDO will include:
- Review of the monthly transactions and data entered to Paxton by the bookkeeper in Tanzania.
- The production of monthly reports as specified by management, as a well as identification and analysis of all material variances (thresholds to be established by Management), as requested by Management.
The role will report to the Chairman/Treasurer of the Trustees but will also liaise closely with the Director of Operations
For more information please email Clive Shiret – firstname.lastname@example.org