Why do members join SAVS?
By joining SAVS, members benefit from
- Regular updates on funding opportunities and free funding searches
- Networking events and seminars
- Generous discounts on room hire
- One-to-one information and advice
- A varied training programme covering essential third sector skills
- Support with governance and management
- A free listing on our database of local voluntary sector providers
- Help finding volunteers
- Promotion of your events and activities
- step-by-step support to start a new group, register as a charity or expand your services
And much more – absolutely free!
You can also take advantage of our low rates for our paid-for services such as accountancy, event management, graphic design and photocopying.
“SAVS is an independent charity known as a council for voluntary services or CVS. That means we work behind the scenes to help local charities and community groups achieve their full potential.”
We’ve been supporting not-for-profit groups in Southend for more than 30 years.
FUNDING AND DEVELOPMENT ADVICE
We offer one-to-one funding support and guidance, monthly funding update, funding searches, assistance with completing application forms, assistance to develop a fundraising strategy…the support is (almost) endless!
PAID FOR SERVICES
Our paid for services include independent examinations services, our SAVS bid-writing service and a portable appliance testing (P.A.T.) service. View our leaflet here to find out more.
THEMATIC GROUPS AND NETWORKING
Our groups and networking events take place throughout the year and can be found on our events and training page.
Our members have access to our full training programme at discount prices, and will receive details of training courses before the general public, via our members news bulletinand on the events and training page.
information to be added shortly!
Who can join?
- Membership Categories:
- General Membership of SAVS is open to:
- Registered charities
- Community groups (with documentation evidencing their public benefit)
- Registered social enterprises and community interest companies
- Registered social landlords
- Churches and communal places of worship
- Schools and other educational establishments able to demonstrate their public benefit
All serving the Southend area community. General Membership allows a group to vote at the SAVS Annual General Meeting.
Friend Membership is open to:
- Registered charities and community groups, (as defined above) not serving Southend
- Registered charities which do not qualify under the General member category
- Individual members
Supporter Membership is open to:
- Private companies
- Statutory organisations
Friend and Supporter Memberships do not convey voting rights at the SAVS Annual General Meeting.
If you are thinking about the possibility of becoming a SAVS member, please get in touch! Call Dan Turpin on 01702 356021 or email email@example.com
Making the Most of Your Membership
All new members automatically receive our famous Friday email, packed full of news and updates from Southend’s voluntary sector, including the latest funding opportunities.
Save money on venue hire
Need somewhere to hold your next board meeting or AGM? As a member you can hire our fully-equipped spaces at preferential rates, with great catering options too.
Pick up new skills
Our training courses cover everything from funding application to first aid, delivered by expert tutors.
Members can attend our popular networking events, bringing the sector together to share expertise and experience.
Ensure your voice is heard
SAVS speaks up for Southend’s voluntary community sector – to statutory organisations, funding bodies and the local media. The more members we have, the stronger our voice.
We have over 300 members from small social clubs to well-known charities. Our members also help us develop new services and decide what our priorities should be.
We’re there for our members – every step of the way.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEMBERS’ WEEKLY BULLETIN
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates