PART TIME CHARITY SHOP ASSISTANT MANAGER
Salary grade point 14 to point 17 (£16,781to £17,772) 21 hours per week (pro rata)
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
HARP is a Southend-on-Sea charity working to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives. Each day our staff work with individuals to tackle the underlying causes of homelessness, such as poor mental health or drug and alcohol dependency. From supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to over 1,000 lives every year. Volunteers play an important role in helping HARP provide a range of services both at our Bradbury Day Centre and Emergency hostel and at our shops. Volunteers also help with our Community Fundraising and Community Engagement.
We are looking for an ambitious, positive, forward thinking person to help us grow our charity retail business and help take our charity shop operation to the next level.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working in a fast paced retail or customer service environment.
- Have experience of successfully driving and growing the expansion of a small business or a department within a larger business.
- Be an excellent team player with communication, influencing and motivational skills.
- The ability to communicate across a range of channels, including face to face, telephone and email, and an ability to accurately relay information between colleagues and management.
- Empathy and understanding for homeless people.
For full details and to apply, please download the job description/person specification and application form from our website www.harpsouthend.org.uk clicking on the “Get involved” tab and then “Careers”.
Closing Date: Tuesday 28th November 12:00pm
Short listing Day: Wednesday 29th November
Interview Day: Monday 11th December
Applications should be sent to Clive Franceschi at HARP Head Office,
Dencora Court – 4th Floor, Tylers Avenue, Southend on Sea, Essex, SS1 2BB.
For further information about the position or for informal enquiries please contact Clive Franceschi on 01702 615000
Charity No: 1098126 HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer