SAVS delivers a variety of courses each year for the voluntary sector; below are the courses available in 2016 - to find out more and book click on the course you are interested in;
- Recruiting & Training Volunteers 9 Mar
- Mentoring Practice 30 Mar
- Lone Working 31 Mar
- Child Safeguarding 5 April
- Social Media 25 April
- Data Protection 11 May
- AGMs 8 June
- Crowdfunding 12 June
- Evidencing the Need 19 June
- Dealing with Aggressive Behaviour 27 June
- Supporting People who Display Hoarding Behaviours 30 June
- Writing Funding Applications 13 July
- Resilience Planning 17 July
- Evidencing Impact 7 September
- Recruiting & Retaining Volunteers 26 September
- Event Fundraising 27 September
- Adult Safeguarding 5 October
- Excel and IT 26 October
- Working in Partnership - 2 November
- Working with the Corporate Sector 30 November
- Recruiting & Training Volunteers 14 March 2018
Awareness of Child Abuse & Neglect (Southend LSCB and SAB)
During this training participants will have the opportunity to develop their awareness of child abuse and neglect online. Full course details are in the training brochure here. The course is £6 per person for charity organisations with over 10 staff/volunteers. For charity organisations with less than 10 staff it is be free. For statutory organisations £7.50 and private/for profit organisations £20.
To book click here and complete the booking form.
Information on all our courses can also be found in the brochure, downloadable at the bottom of this page.
Data Protection Update (Webinar)
This one-hour webinar looks at the provisions in the Data Protection Act and the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations. It takes account of the new Fundraising Regulator and the new EU Regulation on Data Protection, and sets out a commonsense approach to providing people with the right information and options.Suitable both for organisations who are just starting out and want to make sure they are doing things right, and also for those embarking on a review of their practice.
To book click here
Other training opportunities:
Voluntary Sector Training are a registered charity offering training exclusively to the voluntary sector, check their website www.voluntarysectortraining.org.uk or call 01371 876747 or email email@example.com.
Triple L Training & Medical are specialist training providers, who offer affordably priced First Aid and Safety Training for the benefit of the Voluntary and Community Sector.