Salary: £21,000 per annum Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday. Occasional out of hours work/evening work will be required.
Contract Type: Fixed Term contract to 31 May 2020.
Location: Southend-on-Sea with some possible work in the South East Essex Area.
Job Summary:You will work as part of a team providing an integrated, effective counselling and psychotherapy service for the clients of South East and Central Essex Mind. You will provide one to one counselling and psychotherapy to individuals experiencing post-traumatic stress. You will contribute to psycho-educational workshops and training on matters related to mental health and counselling, and promote and participate in events promoting the Service across the South East and Central Essex area.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
– A BACP/UKCP or equivalent accredited Diploma in Psychotherapy or Counselling.
– Educated to graduate standard.
– At least three years’ experience of delivering counselling and/or psychotherapy.
– Experience of working therapeutically with trauma and clients in crisis.
– Experience of assessing clients for counselling/psychotherapy.
Skills and Knowledge:
– Proven counselling and psychotherapy skills.
– Knowledge and experience of managing Safeguarding concerns, and Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and children in general.
– Experience of working with diverse groups, including individuals with a range of different cultures, disabilities, sexual orientations and age.
Closing Date: Midday, Friday 20 April.
Interview date: Wednesday 25 April a.m. and Thursday 26 April a.m.
A satisfactory enhanced DBS check will be required.
South East and Central Essex Mind is an Equal Opportunities employer.
For more information please contact HR: Tel: 01702 601123 or email HR@seandcessexmind.org.uk
This post is funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund.