Published on: June 22, 2023
The Essex Big Weekend will return on 6th – 8th October 2023 and is open to all Essex tourism businesses to participate in. So join in to help celebrate all that is great about the county on this special weekend in October.
Why should I get involved this year?
The Big Weekend is all about giving Essex residents the chance to discover – or rediscover – the array of fantastic things to see and do on their doorstep and encouraging them to spread the word about their county. Attractions and businesses are invited to give away FREE tickets to Essex residents to use on the Big Weekend. Previous Big Weekends generated invaluable word of mouth and repeat visits with 100% of Essex Big Weekend survey participants stating that they would revisit the attraction and 84% would recommend the attraction to family and friends.
This word-of-mouth recommendation is priceless, particularly at a time when consumers are making trade-offs on where their discretionary spend is used for the best value.
Benefit from the promotional activity for your business
All businesses involved in this year’s campaign will benefit from free campaign marketing and promotions from Visit Essex, including:
- You will be able to download an opt-in database of residents who have entered the ballot to win your tickets which you can use for your marketing.
- Promotional posters and smaller postcards will be shared with you to display in your business.
- Paid and organic social media promotion across a range of Visit Essex channels.
- Updated Big Weekend website with individual participating businesses listed, and where residents can browse the various offers and apply for tickets.
- PR activity to focus on the launch of the ballot and remaining tickets.
- Liaison with key media partners in the county for exposure on leading channels including Local IQ, Primary Times, Heart Radio and Radio Essex.
- Dedicated and regular e-comms to Essex residents.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL DETAILS AND HOW TO REGISTER
Dates For Your Diary
8th June at 10am – Southend PubWatch
Are you a pub, bar or nighttime venue? If you’d like to collaborate with other businesses then the Southend City BID team can put you in touch with the Pubwatch chair. Email your interest.
8th – 11th June – Southend Film Festival
Now in its 14th year, book yourself tickets to a huge variety of local, national and international films. Find out more.
16th June at 11am – Meet The BID
Pop by Caffe Nero to chat with one of the Southend City BID team. An appointment is not necessary.
22nd June at 11am – Hate Crime Group
If you want to collaborate with services and businesses to make hate crime a thing of the past in our city then join the Southend City BID team at these meetings. Email your interest.
29th June at 11am – Night Time Economy Group
If your business or service operates in the evening and early hours of the morning, then come to meetings for joint work to promote the nighttime economy in the city. Email your interest.