Our next Third Sector Assembly, ‘Resilience and Emergency Planning in our Community’, is being presented by Gavin Montella, Resilience Officer for Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. The meeting will take place at SAVS on Tuesday 21st May 10-12.30am.
The outline of the session is as follows:
• An introduction to the session and it’s contents by Gavin Montella.
• A round-robin to understand which communities and organisations are represented today.
• A presentation outlining the current procedures and policies around emergency and evacuation procedures in Southend-on-Sea, including case studies and best practice.
• An outline of how communities and groups can help in these scenarios and what roles are involved, including an in-depth look at Rest Centres and how they support in the time of need.
• A discussion/activity on how each of the communities/groups present might be able to help.
• Q&A session with tea and coffee as well as opportunities to network.
Tickets are free and we welcome all community representatives. Please reserve your tickets using the form below, due to limited spaces it may only be possible to allocate one person per community group or organisation.