Southend Borough Council will be presenting the launch of their Forward Motion Grant Scheme, which is now open to applications from the voluntary sector.
Join us to find out more about the scheme and have the opportunity to discuss ideas.
At SAVS, 29-31 Alexandra Street, Southend, SS1 1BW, on Thursday 14th February 4-5pm.
Details of the scheme:
If you are a voluntary or community or not for profit organisation looking for funding to support people cycling, walking and using public transport, ForwardMotion may be able to help.
ForwardMotion is a new initiative to encourage people to think differently about the way they travel around south Essex. The goal is to reduce reliance on cars and get people to consider alternative travel options such as cycling, catching public transport or walking. ForwardMotion is a collaboration between Essex, Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock Councils. The initiative is funded by the Department for Transport.
The ForwardMotion team is looking to support projects, which will encourage people to consider alternative ways of getting to work, training or education.
If you do not supply all of the information requested your application will be rendered incomplete and will not be considered.
You can complete a word version of the application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grants of between £250 to £20,000 can be applied for.
ForwardMotion wishes to support organisations who can encourage people across south Essex to think differently about the way they travel. Please share this opportunity with other voluntary or community or not for profit groups based within south Essex. Examples of things we are looking to fund are:
- Group or individual cycling activity projects.
- Group or individual walking activity projects.
- Projects that create volunteering opportunities in active travel focused activities, for example, bus buddy schemes, bike buddy schemes, led walks, volunteer travel advice etc.
- Events or projects that encourage people to try cycling, walking or using public transport.
- Projects that use cycling, walking or public transport as a way of delivering other objectives, e.g. cycling for health, walking groups, helping jobseekers travel to interviews.
- Arts, culture and community projects that engage people through cycling, walking or public transport or use active travel as a theme.
Closing date for grant applications: The deadline for grant applications is Friday 1 March 2019 at 5pm.
Book your space here: