Starting salary at Point 25, £23,111 rising incrementally to Point 28, £25,463 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, 37 hours per week
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
HARP is a growing Southend-on-Sea charity with a proven track record of reducing and preventing homelessness, and helping vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives. Each day our staff work with individuals to tackle the underlying causes of homelessness, such as poor mental health or drug and alcohol dependency. From supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to 1,100 lives every year.
We are recruiting a new full time Charity Shops Manager to lead our Charity Shops business in Southend-on-Sea and the surrounding areas.
Reporting to the Fundraising & Communications Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management of our four existing Charity Shops, and you will lead on the opening of new shops in the area.
The ideal candidate will be a bright, energetic individual with vast experience in the Charity Retail Sector. Their knowledge and expertise will allow HARP to take our retail operation to the next level.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Line managing HARP’s existing team of Charity Shop Assistant Managers, Van Team members and Bank Workers
• Managing the rota to ensure all Charity Shops and the Van Team are adequately staffed
• Advising the senior management team on ways to improve the structure and management of our retail business
• Finding new retail premises and setting up new Charity Shops in line with HARP’s Corporate Strategy
• Recruiting and developing staff and volunteers to enable the smooth operation of the retail business
• Covering days off, annual leave and sickness to ensure the shops remain open on all business days
• Ensuring shops are well presented, and profitable to agreed targets
• Making sure the Charity Shops business is compliant to all regulations and standards, including Health and Safety
HARP will provide you with excellent support and training to carry out your role effectively, and to develop your career and contribution to our service users. Our starting benefits package includes 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, a contributory pension scheme, and the opportunity to work with colleagues that strive to transform lives.
Closing date: Wednesday 13th March 2019, 12:00 midday.
Shortlisting: Thursday 14th March 2019
Interview date: Friday 22nd March 2019
If you are interested in one of these positions the Job Description and Person Specification detailing the technical and professional ‘know how’ required and an application form can be found at our website via the button below.
If you would like to discuss this role please contact Stephen Mansfield, Fundraising & Communications Manager, on 01702 615000.
To apply for this position, please download an application from our website www.harpsouthend.org.uk clicking on the “Get Involved” tab and then “Careers”, or contact Clive Franceschi on 01702 615000 for an application pack.