Salary: £9.16 per Hour
Contract type: Permanent at 20 hours per week
HARP is a Southend-on-Sea charity working to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives. Each day our staff work with individuals to tackle the underlying causes of homelessness, such as poor mental health or drug and alcohol dependency. From supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to over 1,000 lives every year.
HARP is currently recruiting for Cleaning Operatives to join our property team.
The property team maintains and continuously upgrades the charities facilities and stock. The team successfully works in conjunction with the operations team and has very strong and close links with a number of the charities teams. This ensures efficient and effective facilities management and building up keep.
Reporting into the House Keeper Cleaning Supervisor, the post holder will:
- Provide efficient and effective cleaning support to HARP, including ensuring that the safety and general appearance of our buildings and surroundings are maintained in accordance with the required standards. To undertake the following duties as directed by the House Keeper Cleaning Supervisor, using the prescribed methods and frequencies in line with the requirements of the cleaning specification and safe working procedures.
- To pro-actively assist with the delivery of the Facilities Management Services across all sites in order to maintain a high standard of functionality and premises upkeep.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrable level of experience in carrying out cleaning functions within public and commercial buildings both occupied and not
- A good working knowledge of the cleaning and sanitation of public buildings
- Experience using professional cleaning machinery and plant
- Experience using professional cleaning chemicals and products
In return we offer:
- A Competitive Salary
- Where appropriate paid eye test plus up to £55 towards the cost of new glasses or lenses
- Career Development Opportunities
- The opportunity to make a real difference
HARP will provide you with excellent support and training to carry out your role effectively, and to develop your career. Our starting benefits package includes 25 days annual leave pro rata, a contributory pension scheme and the opportunity to work with colleagues that strive to transform lives.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact The House Keeper Jimmy Grimwood on 07889 570013 or Mitch Hutchens Property Manager 01702 415841
If you are interested in this position the job description and person specification details the technical required. This and the application form can be found on our website (www.harpsouthend.org.uk) using the “Get Involved” tab and then “Careers” or contact: Clive Franceschi on 01702 615000. Please quote the reference CO1.
Closing date: 5th February 2020 (midday)
Shortlisting: 6th February
Interview date: 13th February
Charity No: 1098126 Registered Provider of Social Housing no.4742
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer