Housing Support Worker – Part Time x2
Salary Grade point 3 to point 6 (£18,065 – £ 19,171pro rata)
Contract type: Permanent
Thurs to Sun 16.00hrs – 21.00hrs, 26hrs per week
Mon to Fri 16.30hrs – 21.00hrs, 22.5hrs per week
Job ref: HW1
PLEASE NOTE THAT HARP DOES NOT ACCEPT CVs.
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR THE VACANCY ADVERTISED BELOW, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE JOB APPLICATION FORM.
HARP (Homeless Action Resource Project) is an exciting and innovative organisation for the homeless that provides accommodation, advice and support tailored to the specific needs of homeless people in the Southend-on-Sea area to enable them to live independently within the community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to enhance the work in our emergency hostel.
Main Purpose of the Role:
• Ensure residents of the emergency hostel receive a welcoming, supportive and positive experience that gives them the time and space to adjust to a home environment and settled way of life.
• Build warm and positive relationships with service users, keeping the individuals best interests at heart.
• Enable residents to retain their accommodation, prevent evictions and assist residents that are ready to move on.
• To ensure the safety and wellbeing of Service Users.
• Support Service user with meal preparation and household chores
The ideal candidate will have:
• An understanding of or experience of working face to face with vulnerable people.
• Good communication and computer skills.
• Clear communication skills face to face and on the phone or email.
• Ability to manage difficult situations, and deal with them calmly, efficiently and effectively.
• Good customer service skills.
We are happy to consider applicants without experience in this field that can demonstrate empathy and an enthusiasm for the role.
HARP will provide you with excellent support and training to carry out your role effectively, and to develop your career and contribution to our clients. Our starting benefits package includes 25 days annual leave (pro rata), plus Bank Holidays, a contributory pension scheme through The People’s Pension. If you are interested in this position the job description and person specification detailing the Technical and Professional knowledge required and an application form can be found at our website via the button below.
If you would like to discuss any of the roles please contact Elliott Barker on 01702 430696.
Please refer to the Person Specification to complete the Supporting Statement.
Application forms can be found at www.harpsouthend.org.uk using the “Get Involved” tab and then click on “Careers”. If you are interested in this role please submit your application and our team will contact you for interview if your application meets our requirements.
Closing date: 6th November 2019 (midday)
Shortlisting: 8th November 2019
Interview date: 14th November 2019
If you have any problems with the application process, please contact Clive Franceschi on 01702 615000.
Charity No: 1098126
Registered Provider of Social Housing no.4742
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer