Bradbury Centre – Rough Sleeper Project – X2 Support Workers
*Salary Grade point 6 to point 9 (£19,171- £20,344 pro rata) Fixed term contract March 31st 2020
*Pay scale 6 – 9 formally point 17 – 20
These posts are fixed contract to 31st March 2020
Job Title: Support Worker £9.94 per hour (Ref RSP1)
Contract Type: Fixed Term to March 31st 2020
Late shifts 16.30 – 00.00 Night shift 23.30 – 09.30 Continual rolling rota, 3 late shifts, 3 night shifts, 3 off days
Main Purpose of the Role:
The team will assist individuals to access basic services, support and encourage engagement and provide an overnight sit up service for those awaiting a bedspace in the emergency hostel. HARP will provide an exemplary and safe Service and will ensure service users receive a welcoming, supportive and positive experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working in the homelessness sector or supported housing environments.
- Clear communication skills face to face and on the phone or email.
- The ability to remain calm in a crisis and deal with all incidents in a professional manner.
- Have an empathy and understanding for homeless people, especially those who have complex needs.
- Have the skills to work both on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good customer service skills.
- An understanding of and experience of working face to face with vulnerable people.
- An understanding of a multi-agency approach to reduce the number of people sleeping rough in Southend.
- Provide a high quality service to individuals living on the street and seeking assistance at the Bradbury Centre.
- Experience of applying Health & Safety guidance and ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to.
HARP will provide you with excellent support and training to carry out your role effectively, and to develop your career and contribution to our clients. Our starting benefits package includes 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro rata) and a contributory pension scheme through The People’s Pension. HARP will make a contribution to the pension and you will also be required to make a contribution. If you are interested in this position the job description and person specification detailing the Technical and Professional knowledge required and an application form can be found at our website.
If you would like to discuss any of the roles please contact Andrew Marshall on 01702 430696.
For application pack, please download and save the documents on the website, www.harpsouthend.org.uk, clicking on “Get Involved” and the “Careers” or contact Clive Franceschi on 01702 615000.
Closing date: 1st April 2019 (noon) Shortlisting: 2nd April 2019 Interview date: 8th April 2019