In these conditions, unless the context otherwise requires the following expressions shall have the meanings set out here under.
- “SAVS” means Southend Association of Voluntary Services
- “The Hirer” means the person or persons with whom SAVS shall contract to hire the premises (as hereinafter defined)
- “the premises” means the room or rooms which The Hirer has contracted to hire from SAVS including all fixtures and fittings herein;
- “The hiring fee” means the total fee payable to SAVS to hire the premises calculated in accordance with the Schedule of Charges for time being in force, such charges being subject to review from time to time.
- All applications for the premises are made by the hirer online and will be confirmed by SAVS by email.
- The Hirer must be 18 years of age or over, and shall be the person who has completed and confirmed the online booking form. This person is responsible for the payment of the hiring fee due in respect of the hiring and for the observance of all conditions of hire as herein stated.
- SAVS reserves the right to refuse any application for hire, as it shall in its absolute discretion think fit, and without being required to give any reason for such refusal.
- SAVS accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any items belonging to The Hirer or any other persons.
- The hiring fee is to be paid promptly on invoice within 30 days.
- SAVS reserves to itself and its officers the right to enter the premises at all times.
- No smoking is permitted in any part of the building including the first floor terrace and outside any of the entrance doors.
- The Hirer shall indemnify SAVS from and against any actions, proceedings, costs, or demands whatsoever arising from the performance of Copyright Works the hired premises or from any injuries or accidents arising from the use of equipment hired from or provided by SAVS for use on or off the premises.
- The Hirer shall ensure that all fixtures and fittings and equipment provided by SAVS are used correctly and that equipment settings, connections, and cabling are not changed, adjusted or re-set.
- Only electrical, audio/visual and computer equipment supplied by SAVS may be used in the premises. SAVS do not have a licence to allow the watching of live TV on the premises.
- The Hirer shall ensure any faults or damage occurring during hire are reported. Where equipment fixtures or fittings are damaged by The Hirer or persons invited into the building by The Hirer, The Hirer will be charged the full cost of repair or replacement.
- Only food and drink items purchased from SAVS may be consumed on the premises.
The Hirer is subject to the following cancellation conditions:
- Greater than 28 days notice – zero charge
- Less than 28 days but greater than 14 days notice – 50% of the hiring fee
- 14 days or less notice – 100% of the hiring fee.
- Greater than 5 days notice – no charge
- Less than 5 days notice – cost of food + 20%
Please note that notice of cancellations must be received by email to:
3 Health and Safety
The Hirer shall:
- Make themselves familiar with the fire evacuation procedures before the event commences and ensure that all those attending the event are aware of the fire evacuation procedure at the start of the event. The Hirer shall keep a record of all persons attending the event which must be available to SAVS staff on request.
- Ensure that all users of the premises are aware of the emergency exit routes from the building and that all doors giving egress from the hired premises shall be kept unobstructed and immediately available for use during the whole time the premises are in use, and no obstruction shall be placed or allowed to remain in any corridor giving access to the hired premises.
- Ensure the safety of the hired premises and the preservation of good order; be responsible for the efficient supervision of the hired premises, including: effective control of children, the orderly and safe admission and departure of persons to and from the premises, and the orderly and safe clearance of the hired premises in case of an emergency.
- Comply with the access and security arrangements when using the premises and not allow or permit unauthorised entry at any time.
- Ensure that no animals are brought into the building, with the exception of Guide Dogs for the Blind/Work Dogs.