SAVS are looking to recruit an :
Engagement Officer – A Better Start Southend (ABSS)
Maternity Cover to start from March 2020
18.5 hours per week to be worked (Wednesday & Friday other day negotiable) to include occasional evening & weekend working
Salary: NJC Point 15 currently £22,911 per annum (pro rata)
Southend Association of Voluntary Services is looking for an enthusiastic person to assist parents to improve their quality of life through community involvement in local decision making.
This role is based in our offices in Alexandra Street, Southend, however, the position also demands working remotely from community bases within the ABSS areas. A full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential. The role involves:
• Identifying parents (mums and dads) to get involved in ABSS and make a difference to their lives
• Supporting parent groups in developing their understanding of active engagement and decision making on behalf of their community
• Encouraging parents to attend Parent Champion and Ambassador training (provided as part of the programme)
• Assist parents to develop, plan and deliver engagement activities
• Promote the ABSS programme range of projects
The successful candidate will have experience of communicating with a diverse range of people, including experience of working with children and families.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Closing date for applications: 7am on Thursday 2 January 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 30 January 2020
If you have not been contacted by us prior to the interview date, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
SAVS, 29-31 Alexandra Street, Southend on Sea SS1 1BW