Wellbeing At Garon Park is a charity (No. 1178841) dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of people in the Southend area. We are a dynamic organisation that has made great progress since we formed three years ago.
We have consulted with the local community to define and shape our offer and been successful in getting funding form The Big Lottery, Veolia, Southend Borough Council and other players. This has enabled us to deliver our first tranche of facilities for use at our Garon Park site.
Now we need to engage with the local community even more closely and make sure that the health and wellbeing benefits of the facilities delivered are maximized for local people. Visit http://www.wellbeingatgaronpark.com for more information about our charity.
The Garon Park Community Interest Company (GP CIC) is a not-for-profit company which is establishing a sustainable centre of excellence for sport and wellness for the benefit of the local community. GP CIC has delivered a number of excellent facilities in recent years for use by the public at the Garon Park site.
Wellbeing At Garon Park and Garon Park CIC are working together closely to create the best possible health, wellbeing and sporting offer for residents of Southend.
Site Development Manager – Job Role Content
- Develop and maintain the internal systems and workforce that ensure that Garon Park is a safe, caring environment for all children, young people and adults, regardless of their individual needs
- Develop partnerships with local organisations to maximise the value and use of the facilities at Garon Park
- Monitor, Evaluate and Learn (MEL) from site activity by users of Garon Park to ensure we have a positive impact on the physical, mental and sensory health of local residents
- Co-ordinate usage of the facilities at Garon Park and oversee a site diary of activity. Facilities hosting activities will include:
- Wellness Trail
- Wellbeing Forest School
- The Garon Park Shed
- The Clubhouse
- The Football playing fields
- The Cricket Ground
- The Cricket Nets
- Plan, organize and oversee paid staff and volunteer activities
- Plan, develop and define the customer journey
- Develop a strategy to encourage corporate use of the site
- Communication – effective verbal and written communication with people at all levels, including the Boards of Wellbeing At Garon Park & Garon Park CIC, local community organisations, members of staff & volunteers
- Building Relationships – build and sustain good relationships at all levels
- Decision Making – accurately assess situations, possible outcomes, and choose the best option
- Organisation – time management, scheduling, prioritizing and project management skills
- Innovation – finds ways to overcome the challenges of competing needs, objectives and outcomes
- Honesty and Integrity – command respect and trust across all aspects of the role
- Delegation – decide which tasks to delegate and to whom and inspire team members to deliver
The successful candidate will have experience of:
- Organising a small company / voluntary organisation
- Leading a dynamic organisation
- Reporting to a Board of Trustees / Directors
- Interacting successfully with Local Government, voluntary organisations and local businesses
- The Board of Trustees at Wellbeing At Garon Park – Line managed by Chair of charity
- The Board at Garon Park CIC – Line managed by Chair of CIC
- Wellbeing at Garon Park volunteers
- Groundsman – managing cricket offer
- Play Football Contractor – manages 3G football pitch offer – online site diary (1 manager & 1 Part Time assistant)
- Caretaker – managing clubhouse
- Volunteer A – managing Clubhouse Bar offer
- Volunteer B – overseeing football contract
- Boundary staff – Self-managed hospitality offer
Days: 5 days a week, Monday to Friday – with weekend attendance as required
Total Hours: 20 per week – 15 hours a week focused on Wellbeing At Garon Park and 5 hours a week focused on Garon Park CIC
£15 per hour
£300 per week
£15,600 per year
£31,200 Full Time Equivalent salary
The appointment of the role will be for an initial period of six months. At this time, a review of the fit of the role to the needs of the site operations will take place and the objectives and content of the job may change.
Application Closure Date
Applications for this role will close on Tuesday 31st March 2020.
Please send your applications for this role to email@example.com