Published on: November 17, 2023
The Make Moves Fund, a social-impact-led initiative, is provided by Nike and Spotify and administered by Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) on their behalf.
The funding is for UK-based community organisations to pioneer innovative, girl-first programmes that combine music and movement with the expectation that the mental health and wellbeing of girls aged 10 to 17 years from diverse and low socioeconomic backgrounds will be improved by moving through music.
UK registered charities and Community Interest Companies can apply for grants of up to £20,000 as long as they:
- Have an income of at least £40,000 in the last financial year.
- Have a bank account in the name of their organisation.
- Are able to report demonstrable impact and progress at the end of the six month grant period.
They must also have a proven track record in at least one of the following areas:
- Working with girls aged 10-17.
- Delivering programmes to encourage people to be more active.
- Working with young people to improve their mental wellbeing.
Projects need to meet the following criteria:
- Reach girls from diverse backgrounds, aged anywhere between 10-17 (inclusive). Inclusive proposals reaching anyone who identifies as a girl are welcome.
- Leverages the power of music to engage the least active girls in regular movement. ‘Least active’ is defined as girls who do not meet the Chief Medical Officer guidelines of taking part in sport and physical activity for an average of 60 minutes or more a day.
- Are creative, innovative, and scalable by design.
- Rooted in improving the confidence and mental wellbeing of girls.
- Co-created with input from the girls the applicant organisation work with.
The programme must run regularly and be delivered in the UK for at least four months between 1 March and 31 August 2024.
The deadline for applications is 30 November 2023 with notification of decisions by end of January 2024.
Find out more and make an application by clicking here: Nike and Spotify’s Fund to Get Girls Moving Through Music